20 Movies for Fans of Knives Out and Glass Onion: If you’re a fan of mystery and intrigue, two movies that may be on your radar are “Knives Out” and “Glass Onion.” Both films feature complex storylines, unexpected twists and turns, and a cast of talented actors. If you’re looking for more movies that will keep you on the edge of your seat, here are 20 movies worth adding to your watchlist.
1. Clue (1985) – This comedy mystery film follows a group of strangers who are invited to a dinner party at a mansion, where they become suspects in a murder investigation. The film is based on the popular board game of the same name.
2. Murder on the Orient Express (2017) – This film is based on the classic Agatha Christie novel of the same name, and follows the famous detective Hercule Poirot as he investigates a murder on the luxurious Orient Express train. The film boasts an all-star cast including Kenneth Branagh, Penelope Cruz, and Johnny Depp.
3. The Game (1997) – In this thriller, a wealthy banker is given an opportunity to participate in a mysterious game that integrates with his real life. As the game becomes increasingly dangerous, he begins to question whether it is just a game or something more sinister.
4. Gosford Park (2001) – Set in an English country estate in the 1930s, this film follows a murder investigation that exposes the secrets and relationships of the guests attending a weekend party. The film won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.
5. The Nice Guys (2016) – This action-comedy film follows a private investigator and a hired enforcer as they team up to investigate the disappearance of a young woman in 1970s Los Angeles. The film stars Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling.
6. The Hateful Eight (2015) – This western thriller follows a group of strangers who are stranded together during a blizzard and become embroiled in a deadly game of deception and betrayal. The film was directed by Quentin Tarantino and stars Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russell, and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
7. The Girl on the Train (2016) – Based on the best-selling novel of the same name, this psychological thriller follows a woman who becomes obsessed with a couple she sees from her commuter train and becomes involved in their lives after a shocking event occurs.
8. And Then There Were None (1945) – This classic murder mystery film is based on the famous Agatha Christie novel of the same name. Ten strangers are invited to a remote island and are murdered one by one, with the killer’s identity remaining a mystery until the end.
9. The Usual Suspects (1995) – This crime thriller follows a group of criminals who are brought together for a heist, but things take a deadly turn when they become involved with a notorious crime lord. The film won two Academy Awards, including Best Original Screenplay and Best Supporting Actor for Kevin Spacey.
10. Brick (2005) – This neo-noir film follows a teenage loner who investigates the death of his ex-girlfriend and becomes embroiled in the criminal underworld of his high school. The film was directed by Rian Johnson, who also directed Knives Out.
11. Knives and Skin (2019) – This mystery film is set in a small town that is rocked by the disappearance of a high school girl. The investigation uncovers the dark secrets of the town’s residents, including their hidden desires and traumas.
12. Identity (2003) – In this psychological thriller, a group of strangers become stranded at a motel during a storm, and one by one they begin to be killed off. The film stars John Cusack, Ray Liotta, and Amanda Peet.
13. The Invisible Guest (2016) – This Spanish mystery thriller follows a successful businessman who is accused of murdering his lover. His defense lawyer works to uncover the truth behind the crime, leading to a series of unexpected twists and turns.
14. Gone Girl (2014) – This psychological thriller follows the investigation of the disappearance of a woman on her fifth wedding anniversary. As the investigation progresses, the husband becomes the prime suspect and his life begins to unravel. The film was directed by David Fincher and stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike.
15. The Prestige (2006) – This mystery thriller follows two magicians in Victorian-era London who engage in a bitter rivalry that leads to dangerous and deadly consequences. The film was directed by Christopher Nolan and stars Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale.
16. Zodiac (2007) – Based on the true story of the Zodiac Killer who terrorized San Francisco in the 1960s and 1970s, this crime thriller follows a group of journalists and investigators as they attempt to solve the case. The film was directed by David Fincher and stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey Jr.
17. Memento (2000) – In this neo-noir psychological thriller, a man with short-term memory loss attempts to track down his wife’s killer. The film is notable for its unique storytelling structure, which presents the narrative in reverse chronological order.
18. The Third Man (1949) – This classic film noir follows a writer who arrives in post-World War II Vienna to investigate the mysterious death of his friend. The film is known for its iconic zither score and its stunning black-and-white cinematography.
19. The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) – Based on the novel by Patricia Highsmith, this psychological thriller follows a young man who is hired to retrieve a wealthy man’s son from Italy and becomes entangled in a dangerous game of deception and murder. The film stars Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Jude Law.
20. Shutter Island (2010) – This psychological thriller follows a U.S. Marshal who is sent to investigate the disappearance of a patient from a mental institution located on a remote island. As the investigation unfolds, he begins to question his own sanity. The film was directed by Martin Scorsese and stars Leonardo DiCaprio.
If you loved “Knives Out” and “Glass Onion,” then you’re in luck because there are plenty of other movies out there that offer the same level of suspense and mystery. From classic whodunits to modern thrillers, this list of 20 Movies has something for every fan of the genre. So grab your popcorn and get ready to unravel some mysteries with these exciting and suspenseful films.